Sunday, June 11, 2017

The Cavalry is Getting Regular...

I was just about to call Charlie and tell him I needed my medications early today when the phone rang. It was Charlie. It was like he had read my mind.

"I woke up on the wrong side of the bed," I told him.

"Everybody bowls a gutter ball sometimes," Charlie said echoing Horsefly's very astute saying.

"Do you want your usual KFC Sunday night meal?" Charlie asked. "Now, I will go get you anything you want and you know that."

"The three chicken strips meal will be fine," I told Charlie knowing it would make it much easier on him.

Charlie pulled up in front of my house almost exactly 30 minutes later. I hurried out to help him get everything inside. His hands were completely full. It was so good to see him.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Don't get off schedule with your meds...I know Charlie's a push over...