Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Let Us Do the Time Warp!

I awoke around 7 AM this early morning. I was hoping my circadian rhythms were starting to normalize. Maggie and I had a breakfast of scrambled eggs, yeast biscuits, and bacon. I decided I would take a quick snooze in my recliner and didn't wake up until 7 PM tonight. It was definitely a time warp moment. I can't believe Maggie didn't bark or wake me up for that matter in all that time. She will get lonely and wake me up -- just a nuzzle of cold wet dog nose in my palm will wake me up.

Nobody called me, but I realized Charlie wasn't bringing my medications when it got after 10 PM. I put 2 and 2 together. Charlie is more likely to be early rather than late. My father showed up and surprised Maggie and I both at 10:30 tonight. I was right in my summation of what was going on.

"Papa's Here!" he said loudly as he walked across my yard with my medications.

This spurred Maggie into a furiously loud spit of barking. He gave me a big bear hug and told Maggie and me how much he had missed us.

No comments: