Tuesday, June 06, 2017

Two For One...

After we went grocery shopping last night, my father asked me to come out to the car when he parked at the curb. Whoopee, I realized some of my computer parts were here.

"I was worried you wouldn't go get your groceries if you knew your parts had arrived," my father told me.

I have pulled an all-nighter playing with my new toys. Dad loved how excited I got. Christmas in June is what I told him. We went back inside so my father could see what I ordered. It was my ergonomic keyboard for my PC gaming computer and SODIMMs for my laptop. I still have some parts arriving for the computer I am building for my father.

"I wish you would get this excited about cleaning your house," my father told me snarkily.

"That's what my uncle Charlie is for," I replied with a Cheshire grin. "He cleans and then I keep it clean. There's a method to our madness."

Charlie had run out of stuff to do when he traditionally cleaned last Sunday night. He bragged on me to my father as they were walking out my front door to leave. Sometimes, all I need is just a little help and encouragement. No derision please.

They messed up my parts order but it wasn't a show stopper. It was to my benefit. They sent me 4 gigs of laptop memory when I only ordered 2 gigs. The price wasn't doubled as well much to my relief. I got a two for one deal.

No comments: