Monday, June 12, 2017

And the Day Culminates with the Word Good...

As usual, Charlie was a bad influence on me with regards to grocery shopping. The total came to over a whopping and outrageous $90 dollars. I usually average around $60. I will pay the piper later. I have a few more days until my father's return and then I will escape into silence and hiding.

"Into exile, we shall go, yes?"

"Whoops!" Charlie said with a goodhearted laugh and an astonished look on his face. "John will just have to get over it."

Earlier in our Shopping Trip...


"Your daddy wanted me to make sure you got some frozen meals," Charlie said as he began filling my cart with enough meals to feed an army. Not just Marie Callendars, but all kinds of different meals. Variety is the spice of life as they say.

I didn't have room in my freezer for them all once got home. I had to put some in the fridge and will eat them first when they defrost overnight. I will just shorten the cooking times.

My current fixation is canned roast beef and A-1 sauce sopped up with some loaf bread. I've thought about it and ruminated upon it all day. I got the Kroger brand ($3.19 a can) on a gamble (I am a riverboat gambler) and I am praying it's at least par. My first hope was for the Hormel roast beef, but it was sold out. My lemon meringue pie was sold out as well so I got the chocolate cream pie.

No comments: