Saturday, June 24, 2017

That Darn Charlie...What Would We Do Without Him?

I was half asleep at my computer desk when the phone rang loudly a moment ago. I am still sleeping all day and don't get up until about 8 PM. That's got to change I'm afraid. It is seriously depressing me in the late and early hours of the night. It is also thundering very loudly outside which I do so very enjoy the sound of.

"Do you want something to eat?" Charlie asked me in a very pleasant sounding mood and voice.

"Yes Charlie please," I replied. "Is that okay? I haven't had anything to eat all day. I am out of food."

It helped that I slept all day so I didn't feel hungry. I certainly feel hungry tonight, though.

"I'll be there in just a short bit," Charlie told me.

I wrung my hands in anticipation of his arrival. I could already taste that burger or fish plate that he would bring me.

********************************

Charlie finally arrived at almost 10 PM to Maggie's elation. She had sat in the window for about an hour when I had mentioned Charlie 's name. There was much bouncing off and on the couch by Maggie. My life could be summed up very succinctly as hurry up and wait. Just like the Army.

"I am running late!" he told me. "I've still got to get Horsefly to the bowling alley."

He had just gotten back from Auburn and Horsefly's Saturday Matinee. Horsefly watched the new Transformers "The Last Knight" movie Charlie said.

What my favorite film critic has to say about the movie...  An orgy of incoherence, a sensory assault that suffocates the viewer in a cavalcade of special effects incontinence.

Horsefly also had to eat his chicken tenders meal at KFC in Auburn.

Charlie brought me two big Cokes without ice and two Big Macs and two french fries. We just do not do things small around here as far as Charlie is concerned.

"Now, let's take your crazy meds as you call them and I am going to get your trash to the road," Charlie told me.

Charlie reminded me that breakfast is being served in the morning and that Janice, Charlie's wife, is making barbecue sandwiches and Charlies is bringing me a couple for lunch.


No comments: