Tuesday, June 06, 2017

Today's Word is Rain...

We were just caught in what can best be described as a gulley washer and it looks like it isn't going to let up any soon if you are looking at the radar. Man, did it rain hard for about 30 minutes. This type of weather curtails going out of the house when you have a roof over your head and air conditioning. It also helps to have some food in your fridge as well. You don't want to make run for the border (Taco Bell) in this kind of weather.

Computer Bliss...

At the moment, I am "playing" with all my new "toys" from last night that were delivered. I can now use Google Chrome with my laptop and watch videos on YouTube with it as well. I can even run quite a few game emulators. Before, they were a choppy memory hungry mess. I didn't get to bed until almost 6:30 AM this morning I was so enthralled and fixated.

She's Such a Neglected Dog...

Maggie has learned that by whining and whimpering she gets an instant reaction from me. I am always worried she is in some kind of pain or duress. She was mewling this morning when I realized I hadn't got breakfast started. She was fine and very quiet after our cheese eggs and grits. She got back on the bed and went to sleep -- her belly full at that moment. Now she is whining because she has to go potty and it is pouring down rain.

"Sweetheart, I can't control or change the weather," I said to her.

She finally flew out the dog door like a bat out of hell. It took a record 2 minutes for her to tinkle. What do dogs do when they get wet? They shake all the water off. I'm glad Maggie was in the laundry room when she did that.

2 comments:

Jenny. said...

Poor Maggie!! Our two hate getting wet unless it's in a big puddle. Then it's fun!

Andrew said...

Thank you so much for commenting! Sometimes I feel as if I am writing to myself.