Monday, June 26, 2017

Head Towards the Sun and Take a Left Turn at Venus...

"You didn't get much," Charlie admonished me tonight.

My grand total was exactly $69.99.

"I got everything on my list and then some," I replied to Mein Charlie. "I am cooking more this week since my father is gone."

I then told Charlie I was cooking enough spaghetti and meat sauce to feed an army. I can't wait to get in the kitchen, brown some ground chuck, and get a pot of spaghetti sauce bubbling away on the stove.

"Dammit! I forgot my parmesan cheese!" as it dawned on me in the parking lot.

"Do you want me to go back in and get it?" Charlie asked. "I see you got your three journal writing sodas."

"Don't worry about the cheese," I told Charlie, "I am swiftly headed to the house, unloading these groceries, and going to bed."

When I got home, Maggie was nowhere to be seen or found. I panicked. She is usually waiting at the door for me when I arrive home with groceries. She loves the cornucopia of smells that waft in off my grocery bags. She has to see if such groceries pass muster.

Well, dinghead was just nonchalantly sitting on the back deck enjoying the cool night air. I sighed a thousand relieved sighs knowing she was okay.

No comments: