Tuesday, June 13, 2017

The Dog is Safe. We Can All Go Home Now...


I was abruptly and rudely awoken this afternoon by the sound of commercial grade lawn mowers circling my house. "Oh shit!" I said to myself as I scrambled to get the dog door locked. Maggie wanted to know what all the hoopla was about. Lopez does an awesome job manicuring my yard,, but they always forget about Maggie and will leave the gates open absentmindedly. The last thing I wanted to be doing was chasing Maggie around the neighborhood with a fistful of shaved turkey breast -- the only thing that would get her back in the fence. .

The Sausage Biscuit Express...

Charlie brought sausage biscuits once again this morning. The man never stops. It is go, go, go without relent! Did you know Charlie is 71 years old? He doesn't act his age at all, does he?

"Come in for a second and give Maggie some loving," I hopefully told Charlie.

Maggie was about beside herself to see Charlie. She ate up the attention.

"I am headed to work," Charlie said. "I will be back at 9 tonight to give you your medications. What do you want to eat tonight?"

"A sack full of Krystal's burgers would be nice," I told him realizing it was fruitless to argue with him.

I was going to tell him to take a break from getting me all that food. I've got plenty of food right now since last night was grocery night.

No comments: