Thursday, June 15, 2017

Nine 'o' Clock Sharp...

We've got some super humongous storms on the way. Let's see if I can write this before the power goes out. 

This morning, I said I was just going to lie down for a minute and rest my eyes. It was 7 AM. Well, I went sound asleep. I didn't wake up again until Charlie called me at 8:30 AM. Thank bejeebus that he called me.

"Rise and shine sweetheart!" Charlie said laughing.

I told him I would meet him at Kamath Medical at 9 AM.

"If things go as usual," I told Charlie. "This won't take but fifteen minutes."

I hurried to quickly shower and put on some fresh smelling clothes.

Thankfully, it was another smooth and fast visit. It was one of my more painful injections, but I grinned and bared it.

"It is good to see you," I told my nurse, Rebecca, when she called me back to an examining room.

Dee Dee already had my next appointment card ready when I stepped back into the reception area.

"You all spoil me," I said with a smile.

I walked out and gave Charlie my next appointment card so he could give it to my father -- my father's insurance that I actually got the injection.

"Let's go get you some breakfast," Charlie told me.

I hated to tell Charlie this, but I am about tired of McDonald's sausage biscuits. Charlie has brought three of them to me every day of the past week. (I should evoke my Auschwitz mantra)

"Don't worry about it," I told Charlie. "I just want to go home and get in the bed."

"You sure?" Charlie asked me.

"Yeah, I am fine," I told Charlie. "Be safe driving to work."

Well, when that shot hit me around 10 AM, I was out like a light. It is now 6:30 PM and I am just getting up. Of course, my Magster loved it. She loves when we all pile up in the bed and sleep our days away.

No comments: