Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Trust: It's a Beautiful Thing...

Trust Begats Trust!


Charlie showed up mere moments ago with a jumbo fish platter from Captain D's. He thought I would like something different for a change.

"Do you mind eating Captain D's tonight?" Charlie asked me over his cellphone.

"Sounds great to me," I replied to Charlie. "You know I love the jumbo fish platter."

Four big filets of  fried Alaskan Pollock...

Maggie let me know when Charlie arrived. I walked out to his car to help him bring everything inside.

"Your father doesn't want you taking your meds too early so I will put them on top of your entertainment center," Charlie said. "That way you can take them at nine or whenever you need them.

My father would be absolutely aghast at what Charlie did today. He trusted me with my medications and it made me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. I felt as if I had finally and truly arrived on the scene.

I counted the pills a moment ago and I take 11 different forms of medications every night -- quite a cocktail of crazy meds..

3 comments:

glittermom said...

I know you'll do the right thing. Also, your father doesn't need to know everything.

Rita said...

I agree with glittermom. We know that the way to gain someone's trust is to be trustworthy.

Summer said...

We have faith in you!