Saturday, June 03, 2017

May Blessings Be Bestowed Upon Us...

Papa had to be in Alex City by early this afternoon. He was scrambling to get me situated and to also get on the road as fast as he could.

"I'm at McDonald's," he said. "What do you want to eat?"

"Just get me the Big Mac combo meal," I told him.

"A number one?"

"Yes, a number one combo."

Soon he came pulling up to my house with a handful of things. I walked out to help him. We also had to take my medications early as my father said he might not be back until 10 PM tonight. I apprehensively took them at 1 PM. I should have gotten Charlie to bring them. Hindsight is 20/20 as they say.

"They got the order wrong at McDonald's and gave me three giant Cokes," dad said as we took my medications. "Do you think you can drink them?"

"I certainly can," I replied with a smile.

"There is an extra Big Mac in there as well," Dad said. "Charlie said you would like that."

No comments: