Monday, June 12, 2017

I Had a Shadow and it Certainly Wasn't Cast By Me...

I was on one of my many after midnight journeys to Walmart tonight. I still had 2 more hours until I go to bed and I wasn't sleepy at all. The police were really out tonight in force. I don't live far from Walmart and I counted six different police cruisers on my way to Wally World. We've gotta fill up those drunk tanks!

I also noticed tonight that they had a security guard at Walmart in full regalia -- uniform, badge, and all. That was new.  He smiled and said "welcome to Walmart" as I passed him, but I also had a swift shadow. Someone was following me. I believe it was loss prevention in plain clothes garb as I have read about on the web. I was dressed very nicely and didn't look like a shoplifter. I guess those guys just get bored shitless -- especially at 2 AM in the morning.


I grabbed the computer keyboard I wanted from electronics and headed to go pay for it up front. My shadow disappeared as soon as I got in the express line to check out. I figured dad wouldn't be back for a week and I had some "free" time from the abrasive grasp of my penny-pinching Papa to get a much-needed keyboard for my kitchen computer. This was the same Microsoft keyboard that I got Matt at the Pharmacy to order for me from the always frugal appealing and cost cutting NewEgg. It was $10 cheaper at Walmart at $29.98 and I was certainly impressed. I guess that shipping wasn't free after all.

Move Over! The Chuck-wagon is Coming Through...

Charlie has to get Horsefly a sausage biscuit everyday before work. Charlie told me yesterday that he was bringing me three as well every morning. Two for me and one for the Magster.

"You don't have to do that Charlie," I said flabbergasted and kind of aggravated with him. "You always try to do too much and run yourself ragged in the process."

I finally had to acquiesce and give in to Charlie's wily ways.

No comments: