Saturday, June 10, 2017

Big Car Wreck on the Interstate Overpass between Valley and Lanett


"Let's go get you a hot burger and fries," Charlie said after arriving tonight around 10 PM. "He knows I love the Big Mac combo meal."

The Magster went absolutely nuts at his arrival bouncing on and off the couch.

"He's here! He's here!" Maggie seemed to be imparting.

He had also brought some KFC which had grown tepid. Charlie spoils me rotten. He had also brought 9 sodas and my medications.

I hesitantly climbed into Charlie's Caprica knowing he drives like a drunk bat out of hell.

"What are all these blue police cruiser lights?" Charlie asked as we got closer to the interstate.

"Car accident," I replied. "And quite a bad one."

We managed to pass by the wreck before the police had shut off the road. One compact car was crumpled, but the big Chevrolet truck involved had little damage except to the bumper.

"I've still got to go get Horsefly and to go bowling," Charlie said worriedly.

I told Charlie to take the next interstate overpass down by Huguley on his way to the bowling alley.

Charlie and I exchanged love you's upon arriving at my house. I was hungry and ready to get inside and eat the copious amounts of food amassed on my entertainment center.

2 comments:

amelia said...

Does Charlie ever sleep? If he picked you up at ten and then had to go bowling with Horsefly, when is there time for sleep assuming he works during the day?

Andrew said...

He doesn't sleep much. I asked him one time when did he go to bed and he said midnight. My father doesn't go to bed until 1 AM and still works. ME? I sleep 12 hours most night and days lately.