Monday, June 19, 2017

Time for Shits and Giggles...


Jermaine caught my father tonight in produce as soon as we walked into Kroger. I grabbed two big bunches of bananas and headed in the other direction by the vegetarian and vegan rabbit food. I was not in the mood idle chit-chat tonight. Sorry Jermaine. I've actually been giving Jermaine a big hug when I usually see him lately and you can tell he relishes it immensely.

"I am looking for ginseng root," Jermaine told my father from his Hov-a-round. "It is supposed to help you lose weight."

I laughed and laughed when father caught me in the cereal aisle.

"I told him he needed to go to Walmart for ginseng root and that there is no magical cure for being obese."

Back to What's at Hand...

My only real impulse buy was a pack of six cold Sunkist strawberry sodas. I enjoy those drinks very much -- my journal writing sodas as my father calls them. And any extraneous sodas I buy. He is usually right. I am nursing a Sunkist right now as I write this and it tastes totally divine.

One nice thing about tonight was that Kroger gallons of milk were on sale for $1.99. I hurriedly put six gallons in my cart. Yes, I will drink them all.

"You must really like milk," the cashier snidely told me.

"They are on sale," my father said, stepping in to defend me.

2 comments:

Kran's Crackers said...

It's none of her business. Maybe you bathe in it. Maybe you make your own ice cream. Or cheese. Or, you just like milk. Regardless, she doesan't get paid for her opinion on what people buy for themselves. Besides, $1.99 for a gallon of milk is a fantastic price!

glittermom said...

Seemed like an ordinary comment to me. She may not have meant to sound sarcastic.