Sunday, October 01, 2017

When a Fan is a Fan...


I got a severe case of the nods as I was sitting in front of this computer around 10 pm. I went and pulled on my favorite sleeping clothes -- a super soft white cotton t-shirt and some even softer grey sweatpants and socks.  I turned the air down to 76° degrees as is my fashion. I had drifted off to sleep until the phone rang at midnight. It immediately conjured up thoughts of my brother or father broken down on the interstate coming home from the game.

"WAR EAGLE!!!!" my crazed football fanatic father obnoxiously loudly exclaimed. "Did you see that game!? We're looking better and better!"

Fortunately, I had planned ahead and looked at the scores and highlights of this game just for this sort of occasion. I could walk the walk and talk the talk. I just wish my father got this excited about computer parts!

"Did you see that WD Blue 4TB Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 5400 RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch - WD40EZRZ for sale on NewEgg?! I've got to have one of those!"

"Did Charlie bring your medications?" my father then asked after a lengthy diatribe about Auburn's quarterback "who just keeps getting better and better" in my father's words.

"Yeah, and he brought some treats for Maggie and I as well," I replied. "Charlie showed up just at four like he said he would."

By this point, I was slumped over in my lazy boy looking pretty pitiful ready to go back to bed. Dad told me War Eagle one more time and got off the phone. I woke up again at 4 am and I had never moved out of my recliner. I moseyed on back to the bed in the computer room where Maggie greeted me. I was asleep again in a matter of minutes.

Can't Keep a Good Biscuit Man Down...

"Now eat them while they are good and hot," Charlie told me of this morning's sausage biscuits.

Charlie handed me a bag of biscuits and an orange juice and soon bid me farewell.

"Do you want your usual tonight?" Charlie then asked me as he stopped mid-yard.

"$5 dollar fillup with the chicken strips," I replied graciously.

"Your father and I will see you about 9 pm," Charlie told me.

I immediately went about tearing Maggie's biscuit in little bite size pieces so she wouldn't make a mess on the floor. This also deters Maggie from burying the biscuits in the backyard.

No comments: