Sunday, October 22, 2017

Two Cookies Are Infinitesimally Better Than One...

The chuck-wagon aka Charlie's Caprica pulled up to the curb around 8:00 pm. Maggie was in the backyard and came flying inside to greet them. Charlie and Papa were running ahead of schedule tonight much to Maggie's and my glee. Sometimes they can be 9 pm or later with our meals.

"I gave you Horsefly's cookie as he won't eat it," Charlie told me. "It's in your KFC box."

I thanked him profusely and patted him on the back as we headed towards my front door.

"What did Y'all get me to eat?" I asked my father and Charlie.

"We got you the chicken strips $5 fill-up," my father told me.

I was sorely disappointed and was hoping for the pot pie fill-up. I should have called Charlie and told him. Best laid plans and all of that.

All Charlie had to do tonight was take out one trash bag. He gathered up all my empty milk cartons off the top of the fridge. Man, can I drink me some milk.

My father had also cooked an egg custard pie this afternoon and brought me a slice. Ah, it was heavenly and I called him after they had left to tell him how delicious it was and he ate up the accolades.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Cookie Monster! 🍪🍪