Sunday, October 29, 2017

First Frost...


We should get our first frost tonight and it is very early. I was just talking to dad on the phone about it. We usually get it around the 16th of November on average.

"Charlie and I should be arriving early tonight," he told me bolstering my hopes greatly. "We'll get you the pot pie $5 fill-up instead of the chicken strips."

"I about can't chew those strips," I told him to be honest.

I asked my father how we can have a frost with it only getting down to 35° degrees.

"I should know that, but I will find out before we get there tonight," he said.

"You are mister internet guru. Get on the web and look it up," he then told me.

"Now, the last time I got the pot pie fill-up, I didn't get my cookie," I told my father. "I think Charlie ate it with his terrible sweettooth."

My father started to chuckle.

"I will tell him to leave your cookie alone and not to eat it," dad said still chuckling.

Currently? I am taking a break from busily cleaning the house and doing all my laundry. I want things to look nice when Charlie and my father arrive tonight. This is not one of my more "natural" things to do. I was just busily taking out the trash hoping to lessen what Charlie has to accomplish. I also cleaned my stove-top which looked like a disaster area.

No comments: