Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Notes From the Medication Chronicles -- The Medication Express...

I had only been up for thirty minutes when the phone loudly rang at 4 pm. Maggie ran into the computer room to see who it was. I was tying my shoes sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Are you coming to get your medications this afternoon? I've got Mike the plumber coming," my father asked and said.

Mike (plumber extraordinaire) was installing a new garbage disposal under the sink.

"Let me throw some warmer clothes on and I will be right over," I told him very sleepily.

It was a bone-chilling 70° degrees outside.

At one time, asking for my medications in the late afternoon was a bad thing. Off limits. My father would frown upon doing so. Now? I think Papa is just glad he doesn't have to drive all the way to my house in the dark to give them to me around 9 pm or 10 pm. We've become accustomed to this new ritual.

This doesn't stop Maggie from getting in the window and looking out for Papa, though. When it gets around 7 pm, she gets on the back of the couch to look out the window. I told my father that if he gets out and about to stop by and see the Magster for a minute or two.

"It will just thrill her soul," I told my father warmly.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Seems taking your meds at an earlier time is better...as long as you stay on the early time. No switching back and forth. But I guess depends on your father ..