Thursday, October 26, 2017

Could Someone Come and Revive Me As Well?

Papa was exceptionally late tonight for the medication ritual. Maggie had grown tired of looking out of the window and curled up in the recliner since I was in the computer room.

Oh, I had an eye out for my father. I was on my seldom used computer in the corner of the computer room. I had an eagle's eye view of the main road and the street leading to my house to see when he pulled up.

Finally, a set of car lights pulled up to the curb and I hollered to Maggie that Papa was here. She squealed with glee and got so excited. She didn't see him yesterday. That's the only real drawback to me getting my medications in the afternoon is that Maggie doesn't get to see Papa. She now sees him only on the two days he works.

"I had CPR training after the store closed," my father said stepping through the threshold of my home. "Sorry I am so late."

A call would be nice, dontcha think?

Dad also had on his agenda to change the air filter of my heating and cooling unit. Charlie bought it and gave it to him. He put in the new filter in and then couldn't get the air grate to close.

"Well, goddamn," he muttered frustrated and tired as he stood up looking perplexed.

"Let me do it," I told him. "I am good at this kind of stuff."

It took me a second, but I had the grate back on and clasped.

"Well shit, you made that look easy," he told me patting me on the back.

"We are going to have soup and cornbread tomorrow afternoon and you can take your crazy meds as you call them," my father told me as he was leaving.

I wrung my hands in anticipation and told him I loved him and goodnight.

No comments: