Thursday, October 12, 2017

Breathe In Deeply...

I woke up this morning just glad to be alive. Do you ever get that feeling? I am sleeping well. My mental illness is dormant for the moment and my medications are working. Maggie's well and okay. I have a decent car and a house that are paid for. My father's and my relationship could never be better. Now, if I could just convince my brother and sister to take a more active role in my life then things would be just dandy. Dad jokes with me all the time about getting another wife, but I am happily single for the moment. I am also not taking for granted today about how very precious life is.

The Case of the Curmudeous DVD Rewriter...


My main computer was acting up this morning. I actually enjoy troubleshooting these kinds of computer problems. It sounded like a jet taking off as if all the fans were on full. I also couldn't back up a system image to a writable DVD. It turns out my DVD rewriter is history and was making all that racket. I've had it for about ten years so it was time for retirement. I borrowed it from a Dell computer dad bought for me eons ago to show you its age.

"Dad? Can Matt order me a new DVD drive?" I asked my father as he is at work today. "Mine quit working this morning."

My father was overjoyed when I told him it would only be $20 dollars with .99 cents shipping. DVD rewriters are dirt cheap right now for some reason and these are quality brands like Asus and Pioneer.

"Email Matt what you need," he told me sounding thankful. "I thought you were going to tell me it was $200!"

No comments: