Friday, October 20, 2017

Breaking Dawn...

I set my alarm clock early this morning to wake me up at 1 pm. I was in the bed by 6 am. I'm cycling fast again and I hope by forcing myself to stay up and about I will be able to sleep at least by 12 pm tonight. I had cycled as far as staying up all night and sleeping all day again. Depression sets in as I feel I am the only soul in this whole wide world awake. I'm bleary-eyed as I sit in front of this computer, but I will survive. Sleep deprivation is such a harsh experience leaving you feeling wasted.

Shop Till You Drop!

I was just talking to my father on the phone. He is down in Auburn revamping his wardrobe. He said he also wanted to stop by the Honda dealership and look at some new Accord sedans. He's been alluding to this for days.

"Get me a size 38 belt, please," I told him. "Every time I stand up my blue jeans and shorts drop to my ankles."

Dad laughed at my wardrobe failure and told me he would.

Then there was that awkward, gut-wrenching silence on the phone that I am so noted for. Moments which seemed like an hour passed as the tension grew.

"Do you want your medications when I get home?" my father then asked breaking the silence as I sighed with relief.

"Please, sir!" I replied happily.

"I will call you when I get home," my father said. "It is going to be awhile, though. Late afternoon."

"I want my diet Cokes more than anything," I told him. "I have an unquenchable thirst today for some reason and a few shots of caffeine will keep me awake."

"Medications, Cokes, and Cigarettes. We will fix you up," dad said and then we got off the phone.

No comments: