Thursday, October 05, 2017

"Andrew, You Can Come On Back..."

I arrived at the pharmacy just as my father was pulling into his parking spot.

"Stick this in your pocket," he said of a pack of Marlboros.

He had his Senior coffee and a sausage biscuit. We all waited as he fiddled with opening the door and turning off the alarm.

No sweeter words are spoken than that in the title of my post. Rebecca greeted me with a bright white smile at the door and hurried me into an examining room. We exchanged pleasantries and soon the deed was done. My injection was moderately painful today. I was a little apprehensive since we had yet another new receptionist.

"Are you here for your B12 shot?" she asked me when I signed in. "You may have to wait a few minutes."

"No, Rebecca gives me my Risperdal Consta injection every other Thursday," I replied very nervously, praying against all odds I wasn't going to have a lengthy tour of duty in the lobby.

I can be so impetuous at times. Especially about this injection. It is that old bane of mine, anxiety.

"War Eagle!" Dee Dee said exuberantly as she handed me my next appointment card.

I replied in kind noting that my Auburn-themed attire was quite fitting.

Well, I feel a nap coming on. Let me drink my pharmacy supplied sodas, eat my fish fillet breakfast, and then go lay down and see if the sandman shall greet me.

No comments: