Friday, October 20, 2017

Notes From the Medication Chronicles -- 3800 Miles of Glory...

"I'm home. Come get your meds," my father said after one ring.

I was anxious to see him and held the phone near and dear while I waited for him to arrive home. It rang and I immediately answered.

"Can I add a hundred dollars of my own money for Christmas?" I asked my father upon arriving at his house.

"Well, at least say hello," he told me exasperated.

Dad carried on some about it but told me that would be fine. Now, I can rest in peace and not worry about it. I can get all the items I need.

"You are just like your mother. Impetuous," he said. "Christmas is months away."

Dad was in a really jovial mood and we laughed and laughed as we talked about Charlie and my mother. Then, Charlie called (speaking of the devil) and dad put me on the phone with him.

"I have put 3800 miles on your damn car (mom's car) in the past week!" Charlie said laughing after I jokingly complained about it the other day.

"Charlie, you can drive my car anytime," I told him laughing and acquiescing.

As I was leaving, dad was standing on the back porch in his pajamas hollering for his "pussy" to come inside. I was also excited to get home and install my new DVD rewriter that had arrived today from Newegg. I was beginning to think Matt and my father didn't order it.


No comments: