Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Notes From the Medication Chronicles -- Soup is Served in Heaven...

Let me say first that taking my medications in the afternoon has been superbly beneficial for me. The early afternoons and late evenings are primetime in my life. My father seems to be happy with the arrangement as well.

****************

The phone rang twice meaning my father was calling and wanted me to call him back. I had just crawled out of the bed at 5 pm and was a little groggy.

"Come over and take your meds," my father said when I called him back.

Dad's house smelled wonderful when I walked through the back door. He was cooking homemade vegetable beef soup -- one of my favorite meals of his. This was fitting for what I called the first day of winter. It was 59° degrees outside.

"I'll bring you some soup tomorrow along with a fresh pan of cornbread and some crackers," he told me. "I am fixing to add the macaroni in a moment."

My father loved the Mrs. Grissom's pimento cheese I bought him. He was eating some with some crackers as I sat next to him in the den.

"It's got a bite to it," he said very pleasingly.

"Yeah, Its got a little jalapeno pepper in it that gives it that bite," I replied. "I am going to buy you the chicken salad next week. It will remind you of your own chicken salad."

2 comments:

Summer said...

I found a pimento cheese that I like as well. It's called Palmetto Cheese, made by a woman from Pawley's Island South Carolina. It has a bite to it as well.

glittermom said...

How about that pork chop and rice recipe? And I’d like that vegetable soup recipe, I’ve never seen soup made with ground meat. I’d like to try them. I know your busy haha. But come on now ! Appreciate it.