Monday, October 09, 2017

Oh, I Love Me Some Fanta Strawberry...

Tonight was just a run-of-the-mill grocery night. It still astounds my father that I can get so many groceries for $70. That was the total for the night. I also did get me some Cheez-it grooves which were on sale and I am hoping they have the texture of your traditional cheese straws served at weddings everywhere.

Dad talked on his cell phone as he walked around the store as I shopped. He was embroiled in a conversation with my brother-in-law. This always seems rude to me for some reason.

Oh, you're so sweet! My sweets tonight were one Edwards key lime pie, two big boxes of Little Debbie honey buns, and some unfrosted strawberry Pop-tarts.

"Get your journal writing sodas," my father then told me when we were about to check out.

Crucially, I had forgotten them and Papa came to the rescue. Papa's alright, you know? At least, he is these days. We used to be like oil and water. Now, we are more like salt and pepper.

The only thing I forgot tonight was batteries for my home theater remote control. Last week, I managed to get fresh and backup batteries for all my flashlights.

No comments: