Friday, October 06, 2017

Tropical Storm Nate...


We are now under a tropical storm watch meaning conditions are conducive to us getting a tropical storm in the next few days. We are going to be on the east side of the storm where the winds will be their greatest which worries me most if the forecast pans out as expected.

It is not stopping my brother and father from going to a football game, though. They will be sitting in the stadium stands at noon when the game starts tomorrow as Auburn hosts Ole Miss. Hopefully, they won't get wet just yet with it being so early. Dad said he was taking some ponchos just in case.

Charlie Beckons...

Charlie called me tonight just as I was eating supper. The meal du jour tonight was a Marie's chicken pot pie and a hot bowl of peppery creamed corn. I've probably said this before, but Marie is #1 as far as store bought pot pies are concerned.

"What do you want for a late lunch tomorrow?" Charlie asked. "I am bringing your medications around four."

"I've got plenty of food this week," I told Charlie. "You have your hands full with Horsefly. Don't worry about me."

"Call me in the morning if you change your mind," Charlie told me. "I will be glad to bring you something. I will just bring you a big ass Coke instead."

I laughed and told Charlie thank you. I certainly won't turn down a "big ass" Coke by any means.

First Harley Ride...


I got to commandeer a very loud Harley Davidson motorcycle today. I've always heard jokes of Harley's having trouble climbing steep hills. Now, I know why. The one I rode was woefully underpowered. My Suzuki Bandit I had years ago could run rings around this motorcycle speed wise and technology wise. I just don't get the allure of these motorcycles except for it being a cult following type thing.

2 comments:

Rita said...

I have not heard when Hurricane Nate is supposed to hit, but I hope you have plenty of preps--water and food that you can eat without heating, or with minimal heating, in case your power goes out.

I will be thinking of you. If your power goes out, we won't hear from you during that time. I will be waiting for any updates you may have during or following the storm.

Summer said...

Stay safe dear one!