Saturday, October 14, 2017

The Church of the Holy Pigskin...


Auburn lost this afternoon and that means tears were dripping from my father's and brother's eyes, the disciples, as the last minute of the game counted down to zero. I am sure they held out all hopes Auburn could pull a rabbit out of their hats on the last play. My father and brother will both be surly and irritable for the next few days so I shall be careful around them. I dare not call my father right now or lest he will snap at me and hurt my feelings.

2 comments:

PipeTobacco said...

While everyone is entitled to be enthused about whatever they wish, I have never understood the passion many have for football. To me, it is too damn boring, slow, and horribly noisy. I can think of at least two dozen other sports that hold more appeal to watch rather than football.

glittermom said...

Nothing wrong with enjoying a game but they seem a little excessive. Win or lose and move on.