Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Everything is Fine in J-Ville...

"How are you?" dad asked calling me a moment ago.

I had a moment of hesitation there about answering. Could it be Tuleana? Egad! It turns out my father was busy at work saying they've already filled over 250 prescriptions for the day.

"I'm fine," I replied. "What's wrong?"

"You just have taken your medications in the early afternoon for the past five days and I was wondering how you were holding out as it is getting later," my father said.

Used to my father wouldn't give a flying flip about how I was feeling. We've gotten so much closer over these past few years.

"I feel fine," I told him graciously. "You know me and mental illness. I can change like the weather. That was nice getting those crazy meds so early, though. It made for some pleasant afternoons."

"I will try to be early tonight. Expect me around eight," dad told me. "I was just worried about you."

"Well, that will be wonderful," I thankfully told my father. "I will be so glad when you get here and Maggie will adore seeing you as well!"

Where Have All the Cowboys Gone?


I just downloaded Paula Cole's new album of re-imagined ballads from the 1930's and it is wonderful. It has a jazz feel which was so typical for that era. I just got finished with the album and I am going to listen again and see if it grows on me some more.

It may jog your memory more as she wrote and sang a song called Where have all the cowboys gone? which made a meteoric rise to popularity in 1996.

My favorite album of her's was her first album called Harbinger. It was full of angst and dark tones that suit me fine. I love that song called Saturn Girl.

No comments: