Sunday, October 29, 2017

Three Chocolate Chip Cookies for Me! Whee!

Papa and Charlie have just left and stepped out the door. I have never seen Maggie put on a show for them like she did tonight. She's still got some puppy in her just yet after all these years.

"You get three cookies tonight, Andrew," Charlie told me with a smile. "We never eat them anyway."

You better bet I was thrilled.

Dad and I settled into the couch to dole out medications while Maggie continued to put on a big show for us on the rug.

"Look at her go!" dad said laughing as Maggie playfully teased us and barked.

"I think she is just a little bit excited about y'all's arrival," I replied feeling much warmth in my heart. "She's sat snugly on the couch cushion in the window for two hours waiting on you all. I made the mistake of telling her Charlie and Papa are coming hours ago."

"Andrew, your house looks so clean and it smells wonderful," Charlie told me from the kitchen which made me beam with pride.

Charlie set my four Pepsi's and my pot pie on top of my entertainment center along with three KFC cookies.

"Maggie's got fresh food and water as well," I told Charlie beating him to the punch.

What did Charlie do? The house was clean so he started to clean my fridge and my freezer. Dad rolled his eyes at me as Charlie went rummaging through my refrigerator.

"Damn, I wanted to go eat my chicken before it got cold," my father whispered to me looking completely disgruntled.

No comments: