Saturday, October 14, 2017

Notes From the Medication Chronicles - Big Macs, Charlie, and Crazy Meds...

Mom's car pulled up out front. I hadn't been long out of the bed. I scratched my head till Charlie came stepping out of the car. It seems Charlie's Caprica is on the fritz and he is borrowing mom's Civic from my father.

"Andrew!" Charlie jubilantly exclaimed. "I've got medications and McDonald's."

It was no sweeter sight than I had ever seen. Bless you, Ethos and bless you, Charlie!

Charlie laid my medications and food on top of my entertainment center to take and eat at my own leisure and got to cleaning my kitchen. I didn't protest this time. I needed some help.

"How are you, Andrew?" Charlie asked as he broke down cardboard coke containers that had accumulated on top of my fridge.

"I'm fine," I told Charlie. "What's wrong with the Caprica?"

"The timing belt broke," Charlie said which is a major cost to fix and he's lucky if he doesn't have broken valves. "It seems my car is not very well built. I want another Chevy HHR."

Charlie got over 350,000 miles out of his last Chevrolet HHR. Dad would joke that if he ever turned it off then it may not crank again.

"You could get mom's car and dad could buy me a new 2017 Honda Fit!" I told Charlie whimsically.

Charlie laughed as if I were living in some fantasy land. The base Honda Fit costs $16,000.

"Call me if you need me!" Charlie said as he hobbled to the trashcan with three bags of trash. "Love you!"

No comments: