Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Let's Go From 30 Mbps to 500 Mbps...

"I only want basic, basic cable," I told my father last night. "I rarely watch the television anyway. If I get the Weather Channel, then I am happy."

"I can't understand why your monthly bill is $160 dollars and you have such a paltry internet connection," my father replied.

"Something is obviously amiss," I replied hopeful for a change. "I do get all the high definition channels and that could be the reason. I never watch them, though."

My father hates conversing with the cable company over the phone so we are going to have to drive out to their office in the boondocks and talk to them in person. He is on a name to name basis with the receptionist as she was a customer of his pharmacy for years.

I got online and looked at some of the cable and internet plans and 500 Mbps internet (their fastest) combined with basic cable was $79.99 with a two-year agreement. Dad seemed to be grateful to save so much of my money with such a plan and said we will look into it on Wednesday when we drive out there.

Me? I am excited, hopeful, and giddy with glee. My new upload speed will be faster than my current download speed to put things into perspective.

3 comments:

Kran's Crackers said...

Most channels these days have online streaming, so you can watch shows on your computer. Or, you can get a Roku or other device of that kind, and attach it to your TV.

diana said...

I watch Netflix and Hulu on my TV, don't really need cable except during hockey and baseball season. I have Roku and Apple Tv also and get weather and news via my lap top.

Berryvox said...

I only watch two television shows right now. It'd actually be cheaper for me to buy the shows on Amazon and watch them on the computer. That said, I'm using my parent's cable TV which they watch constantly.