Thursday, October 19, 2017

Someone Stuck a Stick in My Hornet's Nest...

It is not often I get mad at my father these days. We rarely have anything to argue about except maybe groceries and my spending habits. My father certainly pissed me off last night, though.

"Dad?" I asked my father upon him answering the phone. "Can I get the account code and call WOW! to change my internet and cable over?"

Dad was laughing as he told me he wasn't going to dare give me the code. I was just going to have to be happy with the internet I currently had for the moment. I growled that it was my money we were spending.

"You just quit worrying about all of that. I will call you in the morning to wake you up for your injection," he told me as he got off the phone.

If I were completely dastardly devious, I could open a new internet account in my name for this address with a new code and have them send my father the bill.

4 comments:

amelia said...

So do it!

glittermom said...

Your father always needs the upper hand. He will never relinquish his control. Doesn’t mean he doesn’t love you but that’s the way he is...so probably best not to stir the hornets nest, what good would it do..

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

Of all the various ways your father controls your life and movements, your cable and Internet service seems, IMO, to be amongst the most minor. If you really wish to take some sort of action, I would suggest you take action about one of the other more substantial and problematic issues upon which your Father controls in your life.

PipeTobacco

Kran's Crackers said...

You can always call them and tell them you can't find your account code. That is, if the account is in your name. They'll ask you questions to verify your identity. At least, that's how it works with most of these companies. IF that's what you'd like to do.
-Sharon-