Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Notes From the Medication Chronicles...

It was almost dark when my father called me to come and take my medications. I grumbled a little bit but headed over. My brother and family had just left after a visit. I told my father that I would have liked to see them as well.

"I just didn't think about it," he told me apologizing.

My brother left in the BMW leaving his electric Tesla in dad's driveway. You just know I had to inspect it and take it for a ride out Spring road.

"Don't you dare wreck it!" dad said standing up on the deck and watching the proceedings. "That car costs more than your house!"

I could only own such a car in my wildest dreams. The acceleration was explosive and the torque curve was flat meaning it was continuous from the moment you hit the acceleration peddle to the moment you reached 85 mph. I was having a grand time always having a penchant for fast cars.

"Come on in and take your medications," dad said from the deck when I had returned to his house. "You've had your fun."

"Here pussy, pussy, pussy, pussy!" Dad then hollered from the top of his lungs above on the deck and Samantha came running across the driveway, up the deck, and inside.

I laughed and told my father that the neighbors have just got to love that. It was time for us all to settle down for the night. Samantha got her nightly nibbles. I took my meds and then headed on home as my father was watching Jeopardy. I hate driving at night, but it was a short drive and I made it home fine.

No comments: