Saturday, October 28, 2017

Notes From the Medication Chronicles -- The Lure of Risperdal and Klonopin Spurs Me Onward...


"I've got one of those church fundraiser barbecue chicken plates for you," my father told me over the phone late this afternoon. "We'll take your medications as well when you come over."

Luckily, I was up and going after sleeping all day and I told my father so. I think I got in the bed at 4 am and I slept till around 4 pm in the afternoon.

It was pouring down rain outside and downright miserably cold outside this evening. I donned my warmest and most weatherproof jacket and headed out the door. Maggie, surprisingly, gave me one of her sendoffs in this terrible and foul weather. She ran out in the backyard barking loudly to pave the way for me to Papa's house.

Of course, my father was watching football flicking between the different games like my brother would do. Auburn didn't play this weekend having an off date. I didn't stay long as this gets on my nerves.

"Dad?" I asked before leaving, "Can I also have some roast beef and tuna from the pantry? I don't have much food left from last Monday."

"Sure," he said. "Just don't take all I've got."

I got one bottle of A1 sauce to eat with the can of Libby's roast beef. I also got one can of tuna which will just absolutely drive Maggie crazy when I open it. We'll make some tuna salad for the half of loaf of bread I bought last Monday.

3 comments:

Rita said...

Do you ever have tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches? I know that not everyone likes that, and it may be more a northern thing. It is absolutely one of my favorite winter meals. It is also an inexpensive meal. A loaf of bread and a package of cheese can make lots of sandwiches.
A friend of mine likes to use sourdough bread and change up the type of cheese, with other added things for variety.

glittermom said...

Yes! Love the grilled cheese and tomato soup. I live in Ohio.

Ivy Green said...

Still my #1 comfort meal
from childhood. I would make it myself from the time I could see up over the stove. Soup must be Campbell's, milk must be whole, cheese must be white American.