Sunday, October 15, 2017

The Malcontent Shoppers...

"What you spent for that ground chuck you bought was ridiculous," my father irritably told me as we walked out of Kroger. "I have a good mind for us to start shopping at Givorn's across the river."

Dad seemed to have this rain cloud hanging over his head tonight.

"Givorn's is also locally owned," I said as I added my two cents to the conversation. "Valerie Givorns graduated from high school with me."

I have no clue about meat prices and what is cheap and what is expensive. I rarely buy it unless I am making my spaghetti and meat sauce like I am this week. Two big packs of ground chuck were about $20 dollars tonight.

"Kroger is also always sold out of the things you want and Givorn's would have it," dad said as I started to load my car with groceries.

They didn't have any of my pies tonight, Vienna sausages, and Blue Plate mayonnaise. I had to buy Hellmann's mayonnaise which I grumbled about. It has a "twang" to it that disagrees with me.

"But do they stay open late?" I then asked my father.

"I think they close at 10 pm." my father replied eyeing my groceries closely. "And you also didn't get any of your Marie Callender meals as well."

"I am making enough spaghetti to last me six days," I explained to my father in my defense.

Dad told me he loved me as I finished up putting the last bag of groceries in my car. He told me he would see me sometime tomorrow before he headed to Alexander City for my nephews sporting event.

Living Without KFC...

Charlie and my father were running way late for our Sunday evening fast food routine, but I got a big surprise. Charlie and my father decided to go to Zaxby's tonight. I got a hot wings and chicken tender combo platter. The wings really weren't all that hot, but they were delicious none-the-less. I love my wings fiery hot. The only mar on the meal was that the celery looked like it had been around the block a few times.

2 comments:

Berryvox said...

Ack, I hate this type of blog layout.

glittermom said...

It’s confusing.