Monday, October 09, 2017

CRASH! BAM! BOOM!

My weather radio abruptly woke me up late last night about 3 am and said we were under a severe thunderstorm warning. "What?" I mentioned to myself in disbelief. The weather was calm, clear and tranquil when I fell asleep.

Well, this weather was much, much more dangerous than any we got from Tropical Storm Nate. It lightninged and thundered so close to me at one point that the thunder vibrated my bed. I got out of the bed to check the radar and it was lit up like a Christmas tree. I then got back in the bed deliriously sleepy and listened to nature roar outside my windows for the longest time until I fell asleep again. Luckily, the power never went out.

"It came out of the gulf," dad said when I called him this morning. "I got up and got to watching the weather channel."

"It caught me completely by surprise and I am very weather aware," I told him. "My bed was vibrating the storm was so violent."

"Does it scare Maggie?" dad then asked with an amused tone to his voice. "I think I've heard you say she is oblivious to storms."

"Oh no," I replied with a chuckle. "She was sleeping at my feet and I think they only time she woke up was to see why I was getting out of the bed. Pedestrians walking down the street are much more alarm worthy to Maggie."

Music From the Hearts of Space...

Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy! One of my favorite late night programs on National Public Radio is Music from the Hearts of Space. Imagine my joy when I found it for download.  It is only episodes 1 - 799, but I think that will give me plenty to listen to. It was over a 100-gigabyte download and will finish in a few minutes. I started it last night before bed. Where to start? Shall I listen to episode one and start from the beginning?

No comments: