Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Winter is Certainly On the Way...

"It's hot as hell in here!" my father said as he walked into my house tonight. "You must've turned the heat on. There was a blast of heat when I opened your front door."

"I've got the heat on and I am still chilly," I told him as I shivered when I said it.

I also had on a hoodie and warm pants to chase away the chill to no avail.

"How was your day, Chuck?" my father then asked as he sat on my couch and started to dispense mucho medications.

"I can feel my medications waning. I've quite frankly felt a tad bit crazy today," I replied with a chuckle. "You can tell it is almost time for my injection."

Dad chuckled a little bit as well and told me we all feel a little crazy sometimes.

"You're keeping your kitchen clean," dad then said as we walked through to go get Maggie's ritual completed.

"I never know when Charlie is going to show up," I told my father matter-of-factly. "Charlie says I am lazy about such matters and I want to prove him wrong."

We both then laughed.

Dad was so tired tonight. He didn't get home until 11 pm from Alexander City last night and he had to work all day. I couldn't do what he does and I am half his age. As we were performing Maggie's ritual, my father was just standing there hapless as I got her fresh water from the sink in the kitchen.

"Are you going to give Maggie some food?" I asked carefully.

"Oh shit!" dad said laughing. "I need to go home and get in the bed."

No comments: