Friday, April 28, 2017

Anybody Need A Home? Down Payments Welcome

"Come on!" Charlie said impatiently with an excited tone to his voice. "I've got something I want to show you."

Charlie scurried over to his Caprica with me hot on his heels.

Charlie's and my father's driving gets me carsick so I was very hesitant to go and I braced myself for the worse. I had just drank a large glass of milk and eaten a couple of ham and cheese Hot Pockets before Charlie arrived.  I hoped I wouldn't "blow chunks" like Charlie alluded to about Horsefly.

"I am a landlord now," Charlie smugly said as he showed me a row of six nice apartments he had bought a few days ago.

The apartments looked rather nice to me. They all had two bedrooms and two bathrooms. They also had a very spacious and modern kitchen.

"I am going to tear out the fireplaces and refinish all the hardwood floors."

"Please don't tear out the fireplaces," I told Charlie pleadingly. "The fireplaces will make a big difference if someone is deciding on whether or not to rent."

Charlie mulled over what I said for a few moments and he told me the idea maybe a good one.

5 comments:

Summer said...

You are so right about the fireplaces!

Kran's Crackers said...

Absolutely, he could get a higher rental income for a property with a fireplace.

Andrew said...

Thank you all for commenting!

Rita said...

Fireplaces are attractive to many, but they are also a potential hazard.

Anonymous said...

Fireplaces are nice. Until someone roasts a goat. True Story: Marlborough Rd Redwood City CA Mid 1980's. Spoiler alert: They burned the four plex down. Tell Mr. Charles to up his homeowner's!