Monday, April 17, 2017

Prostitutes? Kroger?

"Hey, sweetie! What's your name?" A sandy blonde lady over by the Redbox said.

"Are they prostitutes?" my father asked as he turned to me. "That's the same black guy who was soliciting money in the store last week!"

"They are wearing what looks like 80s clothing," I replied. "A miniskirt and a halter top."

"Quit looking. Let's go do our shopping," my father said as we entered the front mechanical door.

I was still looking as the door closed behind me and almost hit me.

"You prude!" I said to my father as I laughed. "We could've got hooked up with some hot action."

Jesting, I poked him with my elbow and grinned a Cheshire grin.

Ho Hum grocery shopping tonight that went as planned other than the front door adornments. I didn't deviate from my usual shopping and the checkout price mirrored this. At least they had my coveted bananas. Pitifully sounding, they never have my pies anymore. It is hit or miss. I went out on a limb and got an Edwards strawberry cream pie and a satin chocolate pie by Marie Callendar herself.

My only impulse buy was six king sized Reese's cups for $1.29 each. (past Easter prizes)

I got my standard fare Marie Callender's meals. I've got one in the microwave and will curl up in my lazy boy while I watch the boob tube and partake.

The grand total was $68 for which my father was very proud and complimented me on my thriftiness.

"Let's get back to normal," is what he said to me.

No comments: