Monday, April 10, 2017

If Only Birthdays Came More Often...

"You can put them in my cart and I will certainly eat them," I told my father walking down the frozen food aisle. "But beware in that it's going to raise my tally to over $100"

I also needed 8 rechargeable batteries for all the doo-dads and electrical devices in my house and they are very expensive as well.

Dad began to load my cart with Marie Callender's meals like 3 cheese tortellini, meatloaf with gravy and mashed potatoes, chunky chicken and noodles, turkey and dressing, and Swedish meatballs. I grabbed some parmesan "stinky" cheese which was in a very planned and fortuitous place by the tortellini. That grated cheese was my only impulse buy tonight.

Dad looked very constrained about the price as he stared for a moment there. He then told me it would be a part of my birthday on Wednesday.

I then went one way and my father went the other direction in search of exlarge plastic cups for me and I went searching for paper bowls for the Magster. We met back at an open register.

"Don't forget your three journal writing drinks," he reminded me so very awesomely and I thanked him sincerely.

No comments: