Monday, April 24, 2017

Cadbury Creme Eggs 0.29 Cents!

You can bet I stocked up on some candy creme eggs. I probably grabbed a dozen as Zach grabbed a Kroger bag to put them in as he rung them up.

"You must really like those eggs..." Zach asked facetiously as he was ringing me up.

"I do have a certain fine fondness for them," I replied to Zach in stilted English language feeling frisky.

Other than the eggs, I stayed true to my plan B tonight. No impulse buys this evening. I got lots of things to make tasty sandwiches. My sweet items were some Little Debbie honey buns and my two pies. Tonight's pies were an Edwards Key lime pie and an Edwards Hershey's creme pie. (Yay! They finally had my Edwards pies back in stock!)

My big ticket items were Blue Plate mayonnaise (why does this stuff have to be so expensive?). I also got a large pack of ground chuck for $8.99 and the accompanying Kroger steak sauce.

"We're going to buy your meat at Givorn's next time," my father told me. "I don't know why Kroger has such expensive beef."

"Givorn's has an actual butcher and does not outsource," I replied to my father.

"You're going to be eating a lot of pepperoni," my father then said facetiously about my two big 12ct. boxes of Hot Pockets.

Instead of 4 gallons of milk tonight, I got a 12 pack of Kroger ginger ale, and a 12 pack of Minute Maid lemonade.

The total tally tonight was a little more expensive than I wanted it to be, but I was in uncharted territory. My father didn't say a word as he swiped the debit card.

No comments: