Saturday, April 29, 2017

Ribeyes -- That's What's For Supper...


I am looking at the clock displayed by my computer. It is 11:25 PM. Charlie and my father have just left. A courtesy call would be nice, though, but the days of getting angry have long gone. I was just worried about them, but I dare not call my father's cellphone and bringing forth his ire. He would snap at me and say I was hurrying them along.

"Andrew we're running late. We'll get there as soon as we can." See? That was simple enough, wasn't it?

My father grilled ribeyes for supper and I am anxiously waiting to dig in. I have to wait until after an hour of taking my medications to eat. If I eat something so soon, it will take several excruciating hours for my medications to take effect and delaying bedtime. They will not have that buzzy brain kick as they normally do when I wait only an hour on an empty stomach. Oh, my sweet euphoria.

Normally, I would be irate and would be pouting with such an extremely late arrival. I just evoked my coveted Auschwitz Mantra. I am lucky for a family who cares and who brings nourishing food and lonesome curing company. Charlie, Papa, and I are a pretty cohesive bunch of folks these days.

Dad and I walked into the kitchen to get Maggie's ritual completed. My medication ritual was over and it was Maggie's turn.

"I've already fed and watered Maggie," Charlie told us both beating us to the punch.

No comments: