Thursday, April 27, 2017

A Conniption Fit Thwarted...

"Did you hear that line of thunderstorms this morning? It was a humdinger," my father asked me a moment ago. "It sounded like a war zone outside."

"I slept all the way through it," I replied aggravatedly.

I hate to miss a good storm and I cursed under my breath that I didn't get to experience it. Especially because of the way my father described it. There are only a few things that wake me up and one is someone knocking on the door and two is Maggie's having another barking conniption fit in the backyard at three in the morning.

There is a Time for Everything and Tonight was Certainly One of Those Times for Maggie...

It was absolutely amazing that my father remembered to bring Maggie's heartworm and flea medications tonight. Thoughts of The Secretary came flooding back in a wave of nostalgia.

"Is she going to eat it?" my father asked with much trepidation.

Maggie wouldn't eat it so I just thrust that beef flavored pill down her throat like my mother would always do to all our pets.

"She looks like she is in shock you did that so fast," my father said heartily laughing.

Maggie certainly did look shellshocked. Maggie also got a can of Vienna sausages for the most of her cooperation in the matter.

No comments: