Thursday, April 20, 2017

Zip, Zam, Zoom...

I sat down in my recliner this morning for a moment of composure after waking for the day. It was about 8:30 AM. Dad had called earlier at 8 AM to make sure I was up. I had to be at Kamath Medical at 9:00 AM. I closed my eyes and when I opened them the clock showed 8:55 AM. "Oh shit!" I said, "It is time to mobilize." I walked into the pharmacy at 9:05 PM and my father already had my prescription filled. I made record time down busy HWY 29 driving like a madman jockeying for pole position.

"I was glad to see you pull up into the parking lot," my father said. "I was beginning to worry about you."

Matt asked me how my game controllers were working and I told him they were working great. That really intrigued him. Matt handles all my father's and my computer parts orders. He knew exactly what an emulator was. I took a moment to tell him of my new ghetto computer.

Rebecca was as cordial as ever. Her kids are amidst peewee softball and she was telling all their latest exploits. She gave me my injection and a hug and I was on my way back to the pharmacy to turn in my proof of prickliness which was my next appointment card.

I get two drinks out of the cooler every two weeks and this week I got two Minute Maid lemonades out of the pharmacy's drink cooler and they were delicious. 

No comments: