Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Who's Crashing My Party?

There was loud banging and knocking on my front door this morning. It jolted me awake and sounded like the police, but it was just our dear Charlie thank goodness. I was deeply and soundly asleep after staying up after 3 AM dicking around with my computers and some computer parts.

"I brought you and Maggie some breakfast," Charlie said loudly as I hurriedly pulled on some sweatpants.

"Coming! I'm coming!" I said as I nervously fidgeted with my clothes.

Maggie was barking very loudly and jubilantly in the den by now getting in on the act -- our opus of Charlie and the birthday.

"No, Maggie, they are not Jehovah's Witnesses!"

"I've got you and Maggie some bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits," Charlie said when I opened my front door. "Happy birthday and I am off to work."

That was super, super nice of Charlie. Charlie can get more things done before work than any man I have ever met.

In the mail today was a Birthday card with a $50 iTunes gift card. That was from my brother and his family. I will have to send them a Thank You card. I had another birthday card with three $10 cards in iTunes bucks as well.

1 comment:

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

Happy Birthday!

What does Charlie do for his job? I was presuming (incorrectly) that he had retired.

Do you ever think about your pipe and/or pipe tobacco any more? Cigars and cigarillos are nice, but pipe tobacco are more varied and more robust.

PipeTobacco