Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Who's This Guy Named Jack?


The phone loudly rang and woke me from this trance I was experiencing sitting in front of this computer. Maggie and I just had a long and fitful nap and I think I left the better half of me in dreamland. I was also listening to Enya's first album which exacerbated my trance like state.

"I am fixing to head through La Fayette on my way home from work. Do you want a Jack's burger?" Charlie asked after I answered the phone with great trepidation.

"Sure, I would love one. I appreciate it," I excitedly and kindly replied to Charlie. "Could you get me some of their French fries as well?"

Charlie chuckled. They have some of the best french fries.

"I just called your daddy and he said he about can't wait to get off of work in thirty minutes. He should be there shortly," Charlie told me. "He says he has you a treat as well soon to be birthday boy. You will be 44 in just a few short hours."

"Charlie, we are all getting to be so old!" I said. "Don't remind me."

"Horsefly will be 45 next July!" Charlie told me as if he couldn't believe it. "As soon as I get home, I have to take him bowling. Janice has woke him and is giving him a bath now as we speak."

"What are you getting for your birthday?" Charlie then asked me.

"100 bucks of game controllers for all my retro gaming emulators," I told Charlie. "They were shipped from China a few weeks ago. I hope they made it here in time."

7 comments:

glittermom said...

Happy birthday young man! 🎂 🎁 🎉

Summer said...

Happy Birthday dear one!

amelia said...

Happy Birthday to you!!! Wish I was as young as you!

Jan said...

Hey Kiddo, just wanted to wish you a very happy birthday full of all the good things you love.

Jan

Kran's Crackers said...

I hope you have a wonderful, calm and serene birthday! Enjoy!
- Sharon -

glittermom said...

How was your jack burger? 🍔

diana said...

Happy Birthday Andrew!