Friday, April 07, 2017

River is Up and it is Making My Father Nervous...

My father's river house is just a few hundred yards upriver beyond this railroad trestle. 


"The river is up and it is making me nervous..."

That's what my father told me when I arrived at his house for supper this afternoon. He's very worried and rightly so. Dad earlier walked down to the river house and back for exercise and absolution before vittles time. He's is like a doting hen over her baby chicks.

"They've got every flood gate open tonight at West Point dam for all the rain we've been getting lately," my father told me ominously.

My father is carefully checking the river water level ever hour or so.

"But it's not on the flood plane," I heard my father often saying as it echoed through my mind in alarm.

Let's hope so very much that he is right.

Dad cooked his famous pork chops and rice and a big pan of those Pillsbury crescent rolls for supper tonight..We also had cottage cheese infused lime congealed salad for the dessert.which I made a big fuss over. I just love that stuff. .

"I like this meal more than I do your filet mignon," I told my father much to his surprise..

1 comment:

Summer said...

My mother and grandmother used to make that congealed salad. They also put crushed pineapple in it. I couldn't eat it. I love jello and I love cottage cheese, but the two together....