Sunday, April 02, 2017

Beware! For He Might Organize Your Freezer As Well...

"It sounds like a construction crew is at work in your kitchen," my father said jokingly as Charlie went about his way.

Yes, Charlie cleaned my freezer tonight on this -- our Sunday April 2nd gathering of the clans. Good food and cold drinks abounded. Charlie brought me two burrito supremes tonight and they were uncharacteristically delicious. More beef than beans was my guess. Yeah, that's the ticket! Maggie wanted a burrito something terrible, but they have onions in them. I had to endure much mewling and whining noises from Maggie for a good 30 minutes. She can be very persistent. She can be such an irascible little soul as well.

"Do you want to save these?" Charlie asked me of two older loaves of freezer burned Jewish rye. "No, but don't throw out my emergency bologna."

Dad rolled his eyes at me as I walked back into the Den. I had turned on the television to The Weather Channel and he was transfixed to the television for the whole visit. Maggie was whining as well as if something was wrong.

No comments: