Sunday, April 23, 2017

Home and Glory Country Rides...


I took mom's car for a long ride in the country out on Spring Road this afternoon. I looked at the odometer and it showed 28,800 miles. A Honda isn't broken in till it reaches 100,000 miles. I am very blessed and extremely lucky that I have a wealthy parent who can allow me such things. I could never afford a car or driving for that matter if it wasn't for the help of my father. I can report that mom's car was ticking like a well-oiled clock.

"We're going to get four new tires put on and get the bumper fixed," my father told me when I arrived back home. "Your mother hit the garage wall just before she passed away."

Dad also said he wanted to get it washed and waxed before he handed me the keys.

Bless mom's dear heart. She certainly was hell on wheels and rough on a car. At one time, both mirrors were knocked off with my mother trying to get into the garage.

No comments: