Saturday, April 22, 2017

Midnight Arrives and the Roads Are Almost Clear...


Late at night, I like to sit in the Laz-E-Boy recliner in my quiet den before bed and look out the front window. There is this certain sense of sublime solace in it for me -- watching the rhythmic traffic come and go. Sometimes, I get paranoid thinking my neighbors will think I am watching them, but I am sure they have long gone to bed. You can see my dark silhouette out the window from the lamp behind me.

The traffic is busy before midnight as people arrive home from their jobs, tom-catting around, and meanderings. I often hear a catbird furiously calling his mating call as well. When do they ever sleep?

Look! We have another car. I wonder where they are going and what their lives are like? As the male peacock would display his finest and most colorful feathers, they have boomin' bass playing loudly -- loud enough to vibrate the water in the cup on my computer desk.

Right now, I am listening to the quiet calm of my mind after a most turbulent yesterday. My shaking hands are still and steady. The doom and gloom of my demise are gone as well. I am at peace for the moment and will soon turn the air down low and head to bed with the Duchess on my tail.

No comments: